Sunday, October 10, 2010

A portrait demo by Ignat Ignatov


Today we all scattered in different directions and painted. I returned to the site I had been working. Here is the picture I have been working on. It will now go into the studio for a few hours so I can pull it together.

Below is a series of sequential photos taken at an informal painting demonstration by Ignat Ignatov. Jeremy Lipking broadcast the whole thing live on his i-phone. Just under a hundred people watched online. I am way to tired (this trip is really intense) to write a blow by blow description here tonight. You might notice though the egbert (long flat) brushes he uses in the last picture.If you look through the pictures and you can figure out what is going on. This demo took several hours. Ignat worked extremely fast and grinned with excitement the whole time.













Ignat poses with his completed demo.




---
Announcing Snowcamp 2 which will be held February 5th, 6th and 7th. The first workshop is filled and I will run a second. Go here to sign up. Class size is limited to ten only, this is a small intense workshop at a beautiful inn located in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my, thank you for allowing us
to experience some of the
workshop.. all of you must be
tired and yet feel like you went
to the mountain.... enjoying it all
sc

Unknown said...

Stape, having fun comparing yesterday's view to today's more finished version. Subtle changes in value and temperature mainly, but oh, what a difference!

That painting video is the best I have ever seen.. what a cool (I'm over 50 so I can say it) experience to feel a part of the whole event there, the atmosphere - artists hanging out loving what they're doing. The cameo appearance by Moxie was great too.

Florante Paghari-on said...

this is a cool portrait demo of a kind and talented person,ignat. thank you for this stape.

Rae O'Shea said...

It was great watching him paint this-the model looked more exhausted than Ignat by the end! Looks like it was a good trip!

billspaintingmn said...

Stape, I'm unable to get that paint demo to run, ratz!

Your painting is a teacher in itself, I like how that bit of dark
maroon leaves half way up the alley
brings me in. I marvel!
26"x29"? Is there a reason for those dementions?
(I suppose the under fifty say totally cool)

I'm tring to do the trip. I know what it is, and it's all up hill.

Stapleton Kearns said...

sharon:
You are welcome. I am certainly tired.
................Stape

Stapleton Kearns said...

Deb;
It felt like quite an experience.
.....................Stape

Stapleton Kearns said...

florante;
He is kind and talented.
..............Stape

Stapleton Kearns said...

Raqe;
We were all exhausted. We had painted outside all day.
.....................Stape

Stapleton Kearns said...

bill;
Look down lower on the page and click on the archived posts.
................Stape

Caroline Peña Bray said...

This is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing - I've really been enjoy your posts on your trip and thoroughly enjoyed you finished painting. You rock, Stape, thanks for all your hard work with this excellent blog!